Countries by solar electricity generation.
- Worldwide 699,017.353 GWh of solar electricity is generated per year.
- China is the largest solar electricity producer in the world with 224,100 GWh generation per year.
- United States of America comes second with 107,274.828 GWh yearly generation.
- With 74,522 GWh of generation per year, Japan is the third largest producer of solar electricity.
- China, United States of America and Japan generate together more than 50 % of world's total solar electricity globally.